The 2021 Annual General Meeting will be held on Friday 13th August at Horsham Cricket Club at 19:00.
It is expected to last for approximately 1 hour, following which there will be a chance to socialise.
Recognising that some members may not feel comfortable in a large group setting, you will also be able to join the AGM by Zoom.
If you have any issues you want to raise at the AGM, please email the Club Secretary: SokWahLee@btinternet.com
Seven days ahead of the AGM date, the Zoom meeting details and agenda listing the business matters to be covered at the meeting will be shared with all members.
We have assessed the practicalities of providing a Zoom meeting with good quality audio but this is difficult in a large room setting and it is unlikely that we will be able to do this.
However, the AGM minutes and any reports from the meeting will be published on the AGM Details page as soon as possible after the meeting.
The Horsham Joggers committee is delighted to welcome Paul Morley as the new Chairperson with immediate effect. We look forward to working with Paul under his stewardship and maintain the strong progression and standing of our club. You can read more about Paul (and all the other members too!) on our HJ Committee page
Further, due to other commitments Kate Short has decided to stand down from the committee with immediate effect. We thank Kate for her services to the committee over the last few months during these unprecedented times.
Your club is again reaching out to the membership and asking for anyone who is interested in becoming chairperson.
For the ‘job spec’ please see below.
The role itself is not overly involved. A ‘normal’ week for the chairperson (pre-COVID) is: The Week@ on social media on a Sunday, then imparting most of that on Tuesday at the club and then it’s just anything else that may come up! You would host the annual Awards Evening and AGM, and chair the committee meetings once every 5 weeks or so dealing with any allocated actions that might arise out of it. Largely however, it is really about being a good people person and communicator. The committee is super supportive of each other and there to willingly share the load.
By joining the committee as the chairperson, you are making yourself available to give your fellow club members a voice, providing leadership, and supporting the club in its direction and decision making to ensure that the club can run effectively for the good of the membership, regardless of circumstance.
Please consider stepping up and being our new Chairperson. If you wish to express an interest in this role please speak to one of the committee members (see below) or email: email@example.com
Your current committee members:
- Andy Robins
- Baz Panchal
- Clive Walker
- Diane Berry
- Iain Campbell
- Kate Short
- Margaret Wadman
- Mark Aylmore
- Roger Johnson
- Sok Wah Lee
- Stephen Entecott
We thank you for reading this and your time in considering our request.
HJ Chairperson Job Spec:
- The role of the Club Chairperson is to co-ordinate the management of the club for the benefit of its members.
- Working closely with the other committee members, helping to support club initiatives and co-ordinating club evenings and events.
- Liaise with external bodies when needed.
- Adhere to any related GDPR data and privacy principles.
- Promote and respect any health and safety matters relating to the club members.
- You need to be a good people person, able to relate to all age groups and sections of the club, and deal diplomatically with any problems that arise.
- Committee Meetings/AGM –
- Chair meetings every 4 to 6 weeks and host annual events such as the AGM and Awards Night, liaising with the other officers of the club to ensure all information and equipment is available.
- Make sure any necessary decisions are taken with a vote and if equal, the Chairman has the casting vote.
- Take any owned actions out of the meeting and ensure they are carried out.
- Present an overview of the club year at the AGM.
- Present any cup or awards at club events.
Other responsibilities –
- To be visible to club members by attending regularly at club sessions
- Deliver the Tuesday evening club run news update
- If needed, mediate any membership interpersonal key concerns
During this unprecedented time we have had a couple of questions about the above. Memberships that start for all on the 1st April are now due as are EA affiliation fees. We have no remit over the EA and we feel that at £10 per year our membership represents good value, so we will not be offering partial refunds during this time or the opportunity to pay a pro rata amount once the club resumes activities. Hopefully everyone will be in agreement with this and if anyone has any views please can they contact info@ and not comment on social media.
We do appreciate these are uncertain times and some of you may have financial concerns so we will say that subs can be paid up to the end of July without incurring the rejoining fee.
Stay safe and we hope we can all be running together again soon.
Firstly, we hope you are all well and coping the best you can with the current isolation and social distancing guidelines.
We just wanted to inform you that during the time that the club activities are suspended, we have not renewed our Personal Accident Insurance.
We understand that this will not effect any one as we are not doing anything together as a club but we deemed it diligent to inform you just the same.
As soon as the club becomes active again we will update you on this.
Stay safe and hope to see you all again very soon.
A bit of good news in these weird times of social distancing! You can now renew your individual or family membership digitally via the MemberZone. This helps us to reduce processing time and the risk of sending germs through the post!
Simply login and visit the subscriptions page, proceed to checkout and hey presto, your digital membership “card” will be available to download there and then! It’s even available within the “my account” feature should you need it in the future.
This option is available NOW to all current members looking to renew for 2020/21. Unfortunately those who’ve already renewed within the last few weeks or have/will be sending a cheque or bank transfer will still be processed manually. Once purchased, EA affiliation will continued to be issued direct from UKA.
If you have any problems with the new system, please CONTACT US.
Have you been rejected from the Virgin Money London Marathon ballot? Don’t despair! There is still a lifeline to taking part in next year’s event. We have 3 places available but you have to meet the following criteria:
- Places no.1 & 2 (club allocation) – Entrants must fulfil the club rules which can be found HERE
- Place no.3 (Volunteering) – Entrants need to have volunteered at either VMLM in 2019 or Ride London in the last 2 years and also have been rejected through the ballot this year.
If you are interested and can provide evidence to support your claim to any of the 3 places available, please CONTACT US to register your entry to our ballot. Names will be drawn from a hat at the annual awards ceremony which is planned for Tuesday 3rd December 2019.