Due to the popularity of other local Start Running and Couch to 5k courses and also parkruns around the area, we have decided to organise a Keep on Running course which will train you to run 10 km (you should be able to run 5k before joining this course).
- Distance: From 5k to 10k
- Aim: Work towards being able to run 10 km at the end of the course
- Length of course: 11 weeks starting from 20th June 2023
- Days and timing: twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 pm for an hour.
- Course finale and “graduation”: Littlehampton 10k in September 2023 (please enter this race separately).
- The cost for this course is £35 for non-members (includes membership of Horsham Joggers) and £25 for HJ members.
Our schedule will provide the framework for the course, although we reserve the right to do something different from time to time. Please ask if you have any questions.
The course will include differently paced runs and progress you from running 5k up to 10k.
- Easy run = very light jog “the speed of chat”
- Steady run = Run with more effort, breathing harder, hard to talk
- Hard run = faster running with concentration, can’t talk and run
- Fartlek = Varied pace (jog/walk/run)
The course started on 20th June and is now closed for entries.