Horsham Joggers will be eligible to apply for 2023 TCS London Marathon club entries. The number of entries the UKA will allocate to each club will be based on the number of first claim-registered (aged 18 or over and registered with the UKA) members it has as at 3 November 2022.
This means that HJ will be able to apply for 2 entries as per the UKA rules.
HJ has between 3 November and 16:00 on 23 November to apply for these places. Sok Wah Lee as the club secretary will make the application. The UKA will email successful clubs by the end of Tuesday 29 November confirming the number of entries allocated to them, together with instructions for logging on to their entry console and entering runners.
Once HJ has been notified, assuming it is successful in getting at least one place, members will be informed within the same day and be asked to submit their names for an internal ballot via a notification on HJ Runs. The successful winner(s) will be notified by Tuesday 6 December, giving 2 weeks for the runners to complete and pay for their entries by the deadline of 16:00 on Tuesday 20 December.
To be eligible for the ballot, HJ has established the following criteria in the past which will continue to apply:
- You are a first claim member – that means that HJ is the only or the first club you registered with
- You have been a member of HJ for at least a year at the time of the ballot
- You have not previously had a club place in the last three years
- You received a rejection in the public ballot
- You have volunteered to support HJ in one or more capacity in the last 12 months, as at the time of the ballot