Mental Health Support

If you, or anyone you know, are experiencing mental health problems or need support, there are lots of places you can go to for help:


Telephone: 116 123 (24 hours a day, free to call)



Provides confidential, non-judgmental emotional support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those that could lead to suicide. You can phone, email, write a letter or in most cases talk to someone face to face.

Mind Infoline

Telephone: 0300 123 3393 (9am-5pm Monday to Friday)


Web site:

Mind provides confidential mental health information services. With support and understanding, Mind enables people to make informed choices. The Infoline gives information on types of mental distress, where to get help, drug treatments, alternative therapies and advocacy. Mind also has a network of nearly 200 local Mind associations providing local services.

Coastal West Sussex Mind
Telephone: 01903 268107 (Monday – Friday 9am until 5pm)


Web site:

Sussex Mental Healthline

Telephone: 0300 5000 101

Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, and 24 hours at weekends and bank holidays.



Elefriends is a supportive online community where you can be yourself. We all know what it’s like to struggle sometimes, and this is a safe place to listen, share and be heard.

Our “Being active” theme helps community members easily share and find content about being active, to motivate, inspire and support each other. To sign up you need an email address, username and to input your date of birth.

Elefriends is moderated daily by the Elehandler team from 10am-midnight.

Sussex Partnership NHS


SAFE (suicide awareness for everyone)

The aim of SAFE is to raise awareness, reduce stigma and promote suicide awareness for everyone.

Crisis support

If you are feeling suicidal or in crisis, the best thing is to talk. Speak to somebody you trust or contact a service which can offer you support.

You can contact your GP or call the NHS 111 number to access specialist mental health telephone or face-to-face support. If you are known to mental health services and need urgent mental health support, you can contact your care co-ordinator.

Accident & Emergency departments are a place you can go if you are in crisis.