The #RunAndTalk programme, supported by Mind – the mental health charity, has the aim of improving mental health through running in England.
The #RunAndTalk programme aims to:
- get people talking about mental health, sharing their experiences and removing stigma.
- provide support and guidance to raise awareness of mental health problems.
- support people experiencing mental health problems to be physically active through running, whether that is to support them in starting, returning to or continuing to run.
At Horsham Joggers, Run and Talk is held every first Tuesday of the month and hot beverages and biscuits are provide at The Café at the Bridge Leisure Centre for all to enjoy from 8 pm.
The Run and Talk sessions for the rest of 2022 are to be held on 2 August, 6 September, 4 October, 1 November and 6 December.
In addition, provisionally, 20 December will be the Christmas lights Run and Talk.
Mental Health First Aid Training Course
Mental Health First Aid is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
There is an online training facility (four sessions) and the upcoming dates for the course are:
- September 2022: Monday 19th, Thursday 22nd, Mon 26th, Thursday 29th.
- December 2022: Tuesday 6th, Thursday 8th, Tuesday 13th, Thursday 15th.
Each course will run on four weekday evenings, with the first session running between 6 pm and 8 pm and the next three sessions between 6 pm and 9 pm.
The cost is £100 per person which is heavily reduced from the normal £350. Booking is now open and spaces are limited.
If any member would be interested in doing the course and becoming a Mental Health First Aider, please email HJRunAndTalk@gmail.com and the committee would consider sponsoring you in return for you volunteering to support activities to engender positive wellbeing and tackle stigma within our club.
- More Information about Mental Health First Aid Course.